Iíve always been the type of person to succumb to my friendsí and familiesí wishes, even if it affected my health and well-being. I put them before myself and suffered significantly for it.
But at least I could rationalize it by seeing how happy it made them. Until it got to the point where I just couldnít take it anymore.
So I decided to make a change and do what makes me happy. It got to a point in my life where I just had to, I was absolutely miserable. I did what I wanted to do for a very long time, I picked up and moved from Boston, Massachusetts to Brisbane, Australia and didnít look back. It was the best decision of my life. I couldnít be happier.
It took me a long time to make this leap, it didnít happen overnight. And during the transition period, I put together a list of my core values and beliefs that helped me to remember what is really important and what I needed to make me truly happy. I thought Iíd share them with you now to help in case you are also going through a difficult time in your life. I hope these help you as much as theyíve helped me.
- You must care and love yourself before you are able to truly care and love for others.
- Physical activity is crucial for the mind, soul and body.
- Healthy boundaries equal healthy relationships with friends and family.
- Listen to your body, it always knows best.
- Play is just, maybe, even more, important as work.
- Making a difference matters.
- Spiritual connections are worth exploring.
- Structure and balance are part of an important self care routine.
- Happiness is not wealth, prestige or success. It is the realization that you, and love, are enough.
-Truth is always better than a lie; honest better than fabrications.