You can do the grocery shopping from the comfort of your home Courtesy of Giphy
I am a fan of ordering my groceries online and getting them delivered. For me, the advantages certainly outweigh the disadvantages. I do go to the shops and buy a few grocery items in person but most of my groceries are ordered online as I drink a coffee and they are delivered to my kitchen table.
Advantages 1. Don't have to find a car park. You also don't have the fear of returning to your car and finding it dented or scratched by a careless/thoughtless driver.
Courtesy of Giphy
2. Can place my order any time of the day or night.
3. Can arrange for delivery at a time that suits me.
4. Get a running total of how much I have spent.
5. Can easily remove items from my shopping. I don't have to put them back on the shelf.
6. Can go to the cupboard, freezer and fridge to see if I really need to buy a particular item.
7. With the store I shop with, half price specials are grouped together so I can easily see what's worth stocking up on. I take advantage of this and buy a couple extra of items I regularly buy when they are on special.
8. Other specials are also easy to find and the amount saved on each special is right in front of my eyes where I can read it easily
9. Can choose if I want a similar product substituted if the item I have ordered is out of stock.
10. If an item is substituted I am charged the lower price. This means I sometimes get a larger quantity or a better quality item but don't pay any more.
11. Don't have to deal with trolleys that have a mind of their own.
Some trolleys are easy to steer but some aren't. Courtesy of Giphy
12. No waiting in a queue
13. No crowds
14. Am notified what time my order will be delivered and if any items are unavailable.
15.No walking up and down the aisles hunting for an item. I find the search function makes it easy to find the items I want with online shopping.
Disadvantages 1. Occasionally an item is unavailable and there is no substitute available.
2. Don't get to choose fruit and vegies. I have been given enormous bananas when I wanted small or medium size ones.
3. Don't get to choose the roast size I want. Once I ordered a pork roast, approximate size 3kg and received one over 4.5kg. It was too big for the extra large oven bags I had and the total cost was more than I wanted to pay. I stated my complaint in the feedback and was given a voucher to use with a future online order. I choose my roasts in person now.
4. Don't get to check the quality of fruit, vegies and meat. Usually items are high quality but occasionally they aren't.
5. Don't get the chance to run into friends while doing the shopping.
6. Don't interact with people in the store and at the check out. However, I do get to speak to the person delivering my order.
Although online grocery shopping and delivery can have a few disadvantages I find it a helpful service, especially as I do not have a car. If you haven't tried it, and it is available in your area, it might be worth giving it a go.
Thanks for your comment, Mina. Where I live it is also possible to order online and nominate a time to pick up your order. As I don't have a car, I have never used the 'click and collect' service so can't comment on it personally. However, many of the advantages of ordering online and arranging delivery would apply.